About this dish
- Serves: 10-15
- Time: 5 minutes
- Method: assembly (no cooking)
This is my variant of a favorite salad dressing served at the Manhattan Beach Brewing Company (now called BrewCo). They serve it tossed on a salad with lettuce, kolkata olives, onions, artichoke hearts, tomatoes, and onions garnished with sliced grilled chicken breast and toasted sliced almonds.
- 1/8 t garlic powder
- 1/8 t white pepper
- 1/4 t salt
- 2 T green Tabasco
- 1/2 C lime juice – fresh, not bottled
- 1/2 C simple syrup – see below
- 1/4 C vegetable oil – corn or safflower – not olive
- 1/8 t sesame oil (optional)
- (optional) bottle to store dressing in
Combine ingredients and stir.
Can be kept refrigerated in a closed bottle indefinitely.
For the simple syrup:
- 1 C water
- 1 C white table sugar
- 1/8 t cream of tartar or a few drops of lemon or lime juice
Combine all ingredients in a pan and bring to a boil while stirring. Boil until the mixture turns from cloudy/grainy to clear and smooth. Cool before using.